Thursday, January 28, 2010

Unobtainable sun

I've been loving in the shade of a familiar tree. Enjoying the light of stars and day light trickle through the leaves - Just today I stumbled into the sun. I never realized the light shining through the leaves was truly so bright. For hours I lay warming in that sun; feeling the sweet kisses of it's rays,
but slowly...it receded and cooled



Before I realized it the sun was setting. I reached for it, I grabbed at it, I prayed and pled...But it set. It said goodbye. It said goodbye without an extra second to think about staying. Without considering for another moment that I just might be capable of shining right back, and give light to brighten it's beautiful glow just as strong.

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides"

Then again, maybe I can't. Maybe I can't make the sun shine any brighter...but I can't go back to the shade of my tree. I'm not capable of going back to the fractured tastes of the sun between wooden bars and thick sheets of leaves. No. All I can do is become a sun myself. Just as high. just as bright... Just enough so I can follow and reflect the light of the sun... Maybe tomorrow... If I can just endure the night



Image (not mine) - http://spoiledmommy.com/.a/6a010535158014970b0120a6799bee970bpi
Quote- David Viscott
Poem - Rachel Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment